We are here to help!
If you don't find the answer you're looking for, visit our contact page and we will get back to you as soon as we can. Or call us on 07955 372318.
All information on coronavirus can be found on our deidicated page
For individuals and groups of less than 12 people, if you need to amend your booking, please inform us at least 72 hours prior to your reservation. We will accommodate your new date and time if availability allows. Please contact us for more information. Required notice for cancellations varies depending on groups size. Please see "Cancellations" section of our Ts and Cs for more information.
For individuals, bookings will need to be cancelled at least 72 hours prior your reservation to be eligible for a full refund. For groups and parties of 12 or more people, bookings will need to be cancelled at least 14 days prior your reservation to be eligible for a full refund. Please see our Ts and Cs for more information.
Yes. Bookings are essential and should be made well in advance to avoid disappointment. Our weekends and school holiday periods are especially busy and can often book out. To ensure your preferred date and time are available please make sure you book in as soon as possible. You can book online via our booking system (it’s quick and easy!). If you need any help, you can contact us on 01825 280250.
When you have a booking in place it is important you aim to arrive on time. If you are running late please call us on 01825 280250 to avoid missing out on your climb.
Our high and low ropes courses, giant swing, zip wire and climbing wall all designed to thrill and challenge you. High All Aboard and Leap of Faith will get your team thinking and working together. If it's a bushcraft challenge you're after, we can organise a fire-making and shelter building competition. A visit to Branching Out will leave your group invigorated. Whether you are a small team of 10 or company of 50, Branching Out will provide you and your colleagues with a memorable day out of the office.
With many adventure options to choose from there is something for everyone.
We have inside seating areas with light refreshments on offer and picnic benches for warmer months.
Branching Out is the perfect birthday party venue, no matter what your age. You are guaranteed a thrilling and unforgettable day. We can offer your party group a rope course adventure and one other activity via our packages or you can book in a mixture of anything you like.
You are very welcome to bring your own picnic or birthday cake!
We are East Sussex County Council Outdoor Activity approved.
Branching Out can offer your school an exciting half or full day packed with fun and challenging activities. Branching Out provide a safe, challenging and encouraging environment for your visit and our staff are very experienced in facilitating school groups of all ages and sizes. The physical nature of the activities gives children and young adults the opportunity to develop fundamental skills, such as agility, balance, co-ordination and confidence, so we believe a visit to the park is a must for any school.
We can cater to groups of any size, from a small class up to 80 students. Whether you simply want a fun day outside as part of an enrichment program or looking to meet specific physical education requirements, we can tailor a visit to suit your needs. No matter what your group size we can provide you with a memorable day of adventure outside of the classroom.
Branching Out can offer special discounted rates for schools at off peak times. (Please contact Branching Out for more details)
Branching Out is an ideal venue for community groups looking to challenge, inspire and excite children of all ages. We can cater to groups from all areas of the community, from sports and scouts groups looking for a fun group day out, to holiday programmes and youth groups looking to meet specific group objectives.
We provide a safe, challenging and encouraging environment designed to assist community groups with achieving specific objectives. A visit to Branching Out is a guaranteed way to provide your group with a fun day outdoors.
Special discounted rates are available for community groups at off peak times. (Please contact Branching Out for more details).
Branching Out Adventures Booking Terms and Conditions
- General Points
- These Booking Terms and Conditions apply to the booking of the Branching Out Adventures High Ropes Course, Low Ropes Course, Giant Swing, Speed Zipwire, Climbing Wall, Bounce About, Crate Challenge, High All Aboard, Leap of Faith, Abseiling, Bushcraft, all other activities and packages offered by Branching Out Adventures at the time of booking and any ancillary products at the location set out in Branching Out Adventures’ booking confirmation.
- These Booking Terms and Conditions contain important information concerning participation by you and members of your party and, accordingly, you acknowledge and agree that you shall ensure that all members of your party are aware of and accept these Booking Terms and Conditions.
- No variation to these Booking Terms and Conditions shall be binding unless agreed in writing by Branching Out Adventures.
- Any typographical clerical or other error or omission in any booking confirmation or other documentation issued by Branching Out Adventures (including any electronic documentation) shall be subject to correction without any liability on the part of Branching Out Adventures.
- Branching Out Adventures reserves the right to make changes to the activities whether to conform with any applicable safety or other statutory requirements or otherwise.
- Booking Confirmation
- No booking shall be deemed to have been accepted unless accepted in writing by Branching Out Adventures (which shall include Branching Out Adventures’ email confirmation of booking).
- You must advise Branching Out Adventures as soon as possible of any mistake in Branching Out Adventures’ booking confirmation. Branching Out Adventures shall use its reasonable endeavours to ensure that you and your party’s participation commences at the time booked, or as close to that time as is considered reasonable, and it shall be the responsibility of each participant to ensure that they arrive in sufficient time. Late arrivals may not be permitted to undertake the activities and no refunds or compensation will be payable in such circumstances.
- The activities comprise of a challenging High Ropes Course and a Low Ropes Course, Giant Swing, Speed Zipwire, Climbing Wall, Bounce About tree net system, High All Aboard, Leap of Faith, Crate Challenge and Abseiling. Participation in any of these activities is not without risk, as a fall could be fatal. Other activities, such as Bushcraft also include risk and inherent danger. All participants will receive detailed safety training from an instructor.
- Branching Out Adventures reserves the right to refuse admittance to the activities or to remove a participant from the activities should it deem it necessary to do so. This includes a participant who does not comply with the safety rules and advice and the safety system or who is deemed to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- After the safety briefing for the High Ropes Course and Low Ropes Course, participants will not be directly supervised by an instructor. On the High Ropes, participating adults must accompany under 12 year olds at the ratio of one adult per four children. On the Low Ropes, participating adults must accompany under 12 year olds at the ratio of one adult per four children and one adult per two children for children under the age of 8.Participating adults must sign a Risk Acknowledgement and Disclaimer stating that he or she will accept responsibility for the safety of him or herself and for supervision of children in his or her care.
- All participants on the High Ropes must be reasonably fit and healthy, a minimum of 1m 30cm tall, at least 8 years old and must weigh less than19 stones/120kg.Please note this further information on weight and size restrictions. At Branching Out Adventures, we operate with harnesses that we believe best suit our needs and health and safety requirements. The size of this harness dictates the size of customer that we can safely allow to participate on a Branching Out Adventures activity. The maximum weight for an individual on any activity is 19 stones. If your statistics are close to or exceed this figure, there is a possibility you may not fit in a harness and therefore will not be able to participate on the activities. If you have any concerns we advise that you visit us at a time prior to your booking and speak to a member of the Branching Out staff. Anyone who does not meet these requirements will not be allowed to undertake the activities. It is your responsibility to ensure that all members of your party meet these requirements.
- All participants are required to wear a safety harness and/or helmet, appropriate to the activity to be undertaken. This will be provided by Branching Out Adventures and fitted by an instructor. Larger or smaller framed participants may be required to wear an additional chest harness for safety reasons.
- The activities are physically demanding and require a degree of agility, strength and stamina. If participants are in any doubt as to whether they should attempt the activities, they are advised to visit the centre to check before booking. If participants have medical concerns they are advised to consult their doctor in advance. Participants will be required to certify that they do not suffer from any medical condition which would make it more likely that they would be involved in any incident which could result in injury to themselves or others. Due to the physical nature of the activities, Branching Out Adventures recommends that pregnant women should not take part. Pregnant women who still wish to undertake the activities will be required to sign a disclaimer confirming that they are aware that there are risks to them and to their unborn child and that participation in the activities is at their own risk.
- Participants need to be able to see similar distances to those required to drive a car in order to be able to complete the rope courses and to supervise any under 12s in their care. Consequently, short or long sighted participants must ensure that they wear contact lenses or prescribed glasses.
- All participants are required to act responsibly and courteously at all times and to respect other participants. Branching Out Adventures shall be entitled to prevent any person from undertaking or completing the activities in the event it deems the behaviour of any participant unsuitable.
- Participants must be dressed appropriately (see clause 4) and Branching Out Adventures reserves the right to refuse admittance to the activities to any participant who is not appropriately dressed.
- The activities will remain open in most weather conditions (but not in circumstances of gales, lightning, heavy ice or snow).
- No refunds or compensation will be payable by Branching Out Adventures in the event that any participant is not permitted to, or decides not to, undertake or complete the activities for the reasons set out in this clause.
- It shall be the responsibility of all participants to ensure that they are dressed appropriately and Branching Out Adventures advises participants to wear clothing appropriate for the weather conditions and which they do not mind getting damaged. In particular the following restrictions shall apply:
- Participants may not undertake the activities in open-toed or slip-off shoes (anklesupporting boots are best)
- Long hair must be tied back
iii. Waists must be covered and piercings removed or taped over for comfort.
- Branching Out Adventures will not be held responsible for any damage to or loss of clothing or other personal items of persons resulting from participation in the activities or personal items left unattended.
- Individuals shall be entitled to cancel your booking subject to Branching Out Adventures receiving your request for cancellation at least 72 hours (14 days for groups of 12 or more people) before the booked start time. Any requests for cancellation must be made by telephoning the office staff on: 07955 372318 or emailing email@example.com. You shall be entitled to a credit note/postponement to the value of the amount paid for the booking in the event of cancellation under this clause. Bookings cancelled less than 72 hours(14 days for groups of 12 or more people) before the commencement of the booking time will not be refunded and any deposit made will not be refunded. Bookings taken through Cinolla cancelled more than 10 working days in advance will be eligible for a full refund.
b. A non-refundable holding deposit of 50% of the total amount agreed upon during the booking process is set for groups of 20 or more people for the reservation of the whole centre for their booking. Any group who cancel shall not be entitled to refund of holding deposit. In such circumstances as group cancellation, Branching Out Adventures may, but shall not be obliged to, offer alternative dates or deposit rates. Groups who bring a reduced number of participants for their event than has been originally agreed are required to pay the full amount agreed upon during the booking process. In these circumstances, remaining balance invoices will not be altered/reduced.
- Branching Out Adventures shall be entitled to cancel your booking at any time. In the event that Branching Out Adventures decides to cancel your booking it shall use its reasonable endeavours to notify you as soon as possible. You shall be entitled to a full refund in the event of cancellation under this clause but no other compensation shall be payable.
- In the event that it proves necessary to close the activities for reasons beyond the control of Branching Out Adventures and in circumstances where your party has commenced participation in the activities, you shall not be entitled to any refund (in part or in whole). In such circumstances Branching Out Adventures may, but shall not be obliged to, offer alternative dates or times at reduced rates.
e. Once booked, inducted in the activity and the course/activity has been entered, no refunds can be given should the customer decide not to continue with the activity. In the event of rescue or intervention on the course to support or remove a customer, no refund will be given.
f. In the event that Branching Out Adventures is required to cancel or stop activities due to dangerous weather conditions, you shall not be entitled to a refund but the company will offer credit to the equivalent of the total amount paid by you for said event/activity or postpone the event/activity to a later date, agreed to by the company.
- Group Bookings via Account Application Form
- In the event your booking is made via Branching Out Adventures’ Account Application Form these Booking Terms and Conditions shall be subject to any special terms set out in the Account Application Form. In the event of any conflict between the terms herein and the terms set out in the Account Application Form the latter shall prevail.
- Price and Payment
- Subject to any terms agreed in writing between Branching Out Adventures and you, our charges shall be calculated at our current rates and payment in full shall be due at the time of booking. The charges include the cost of purchasing the activities. Payment may be made by debit or credit card either on line, whilst booking on arrival or by contacting the booking line: 07955 372318
- Refunds and Amendments
- Payments made by debit or credit card will be refunded to the same card or, if the card has subsequently expired, by cheque. Payments made by Gift Voucher will be refunded by the issuing of a replacement Gift Voucher to the same value.
- Where multiple forms of payment are used, Branching Out Adventures reserves the right to refund any monies due on a refund or amendment by credit or cheque.
- Except as otherwise provided in these Booking Terms and Conditions, Branching Out Adventures shall not be responsible for the loss, or damage, of or to any property or to any person arising from the booking of or participation in the activities.
- Parking facilities are available at the site, and any vehicles are left at the owners’ risk and subject to any conditions.
- Except as otherwise provided in these Booking Terms and Conditions any liability of Branching Out Adventures shall be limited to the refund of any charges paid to Branching Out Adventures.
- Nothing contained in these Booking Terms and Conditions is intended to nor shall limit the liability of Branching Out Adventures in respect of death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Branching Out Adventures or of its employees, agents or contractors.
- If any of these terms are determined to be illegal invalid or otherwise unenforceable it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and the remaining terms shall survive, remain in full force and continue to be binding and enforceable.
- Nothing above shall confer on any third party any benefit or the right to enforce any of these Booking Terms and Conditions.
- These Booking Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and Branching Out Adventures and you submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
We recommend that you wear casual clothing that you don’t mind getting dirty. Sensible shoes, trainers are best, Crocs, flip-flops and wellies may be refused. Long hair needs to be tied back. Please dress appropriately for the weather, a light waterproof jacket is recommended when rain is forecast. Unfortunately there are no changing facilities at the park so please ensure you arrive in appropriate outdoor gear.
All necessary safety equipment is provided by Branching Out, please do not bring your own gear. You are welcome to wear gloves while undertaking the activities, if you like, but these are not essential.
There is a cafe selling teas, coffees, soft drinks, crisps, chocolate etc on site.
Picnics are welcome on the tables provided outside but not inside the cafe area. We ask you to please take all your rubbish home with you.
Branching Out is an all weather activity centre. The park will be open in all weather conditions except when extreme weather causes operation to become unsafe. Waterproofs are advised in wet weather. For more information on cancellations due to weather please see our booking terms and conditions.
BOOKINGS ARE ESSENTIAL
Please see our "ABOUT" page for opening hours..
(Out of school and public holidays)
During the week (Monday-Friday) we will require at least 24 hours notice to secure a booking. Our operating hours are determined by the bookings we have in place and we are therefore not always open. It is essential to book prior to visiting the park during the week.
Please refer to the online booking section to determine a more accurate idea of opening times.
Yes, spectators are more than welcome to follow you from the ground as you progress through the activities. You can also relax at the picnic tables whilst enjoying some light refreshments from our on-site cafe.
All our guests are required to stay within our lease areas. Should you wish to venture further afield, you are more than welcome but are required to consult with Bentley.
Yes, if at any time you encounter difficulty or feel like you can’t continue climbing in the trees, our specially trained rescue instructors are on hand to assist you and lower you to the ground if necessary.
All activities are purchased individually.
Yes, there is a weight limit of 120kg for all Branching Out activities. We have a range of different harness sizes available to ensure comfort for all climbers.
Whilst we encourage you to take your time on the activities, there is a certain limit to the length of your climb. At peak times you will be restricted to your time slot, however numbers may allow climbers to continue for extended periods.
Before you begin climbing you are taken through a 10-15 minute safety demonstration led by a Branching Out instructor, giving you an opportunity to familiarise yourself with the safety equipment. From this point on you continue unguided, however there are Branching Out instructors stationed throughout the course should you need any assistance or have any questions.
Branching Out is suitable for children aged 3 years+ and, indeed, adults. There’s a strict minimum height restriction of 1.2m tall and lower age limit of 5 years for participants on Low Ropes. On High Ropes, Giant Swing and Speed Zipwire participants need to be aged 8 years+ with a minimum height of 1.3m. We welcome anyone for a fun, challenging and rewarding high-flying experience (as long as they meet the minimum height requirement).
Anyone under the age of 12 years is required to be accompanied on the rope courses by a paying adult to the following ratios:
Climbers 5 to 7 years old - 1 adult (aged 16+) for every 2 children.
Climbers 8 to 11 years - 1 adult (aged 16+) for every 4 children.
Climbers 12+ - Can climb without supervision.
All children under 16 Require a parent/ guardian or responsible adult to be present within the park at all times.
If you have a friendly, happy family dog and need to bring them with you, we insist that you keep them on a lead and tied up while they are here. They can still enjoy the fresh air and lovely atmosphere of Branching Out Adventures and the bridle paths, but for the safety of children and other animals, we have to ensure that they don’t wander into the woods or onto the grounds of Bentley. Thank you.
Yes, Branching Out has taken all the necessary steps to ensure our activities are safe, as long as you stick to the park safety rules. All participants must undertake a safety briefing with an instructor before they begin. This establishes the correct safety method. Branching Out uses a cLiC iT safety system, visitors are continuously connected to the lifeline (cable) from the start to the finish without any possibility of becoming unlocked – which provides the highest safety level. Instructors are stationed throughout the park to supervise from the ground and are able to assist whenever necessary.
Yes, Branching Out is an excellent wet weather activity. Light to moderate rain does not affect the safety of our courses, or equipment. During periods of heavy rain or high winds climbing may be suspended. If you have any concerns about the weather on the day of your booking please contact us for more information. Waterproofs are advised.
You need not be Spiderman to give Branching Out a go but a certain degree of fitness and strength is required to negotiate some of the activities. If you have any doubts as to whether you are fit enough to participate please contact us, so we can help you to decide.
All participants wear a fitted harness (complete with lanyards, CLiC-iT and zip trolley). Your harness and CLiC-iT keep you attached to the safety system at all times, this means that if you slip, your harness will catch you to prevent a fall.
Safety Equipment Fitting – All climbers will be fitted with a harness by a Branching Out staff member.
Safety Demonstration – Branching Out staff will lead you through a safety demonstration. Please note: you may be required to complete the safety demonstration with other customers.
Course Completion and Equipment Return – Upon completion of your adventure, everyone will be asked to return their safety gear, our staff will be on hand should you need any assistance.
Yes. Turn right at the end of the road running through Bentley and we have a gravel car park, which is free to use during our opening hours, for BOA customers.
There is a toilet block a short walk from the ropes course.
We have picnic tables situated in the park which Branching Out customers are more than welcome to use, but we ask you to please take all your rubbish home with you.
A cafe is on site with ample seating selling teas, coffee, soft drinks, crisps, chocolate and fruit.